Okay, so the past few weeks or so, I have been on this makeup kick. Not just kick, I mean, spend 1/2 my paycheck at Sephora and Nordstrom.com kind of kick. But boy am I glad that I did!! I have always been a penny pincher when it came to makeup, but I am now becoming more comfortable spending a little bit more. You really do get what you pay for (in most cases).
Okay, so lets get started:
- Benefit Rockateur Blush: This stuff is the bee’s knees (que bee snapchat filter). I have freckles that like to show in the summer time, and after I put my foundation on, this gives me the perfect rosy color to pop my cheeks!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This is holy grail, best mascara I have ever used. I have gone back and forth from this to generic, and I keep finding myself coming back to it. It gives remarkable results, and I do not even curl my lashes. It gives them a full, long lash look, and lasts all day long!
- Too Faced Highlighter: This is the limited edition, candlelight glow. I had never used a highlighter before this one, and it was a good one to start with. Easy application that lasts, even though sweat!
- NYX HD Concealer: For only $5 this is the best concealer I have found! It covers my dark circles and lasts with only a setting powder for days when I do not want to wear a full face of makeup. Wonderful product!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz: I LOVE BROWS. I used to use eye shadow to fill in my brows until one day I decided to bite the bullet and finally get a brow pencil. I am SO happy that I did! I use this pencil every single day, and it is worth every penny. You can make your brows extremely defined, or just more filled in. I eve wear it on days that I do not wear makeup!
- Mac Prep & Prime Lip: I have always loved lipstick, but I have a problem with my lips staying hydrated, and my color staying pigmented throughout the day. This lip primer does the trick! Especially with mattes and incredibly bright colors, it truly makes all of the difference.
- Clinique Quickliner: I used Clinique all of the time when I was in Junior High (thanks Lori!!) but after a few years of that, I grew apart from it. I went back and tried this eyeliner and it works wonders with my water line! It does not take very much, and it really makes my eyes pop and lasts all day!
- Lancome Quickliner: Okay, so this one was a splurge for me. I have never ever bought a nice liquid eyeliner until this one. I looked at a lot of reviews and I read so many great things about this that I had to try it for myself! It goes on so well and straight. The tip is firm, and goes on bold so you do not have to go over it (good for me because I usually mess up after one time!). It is $30, but I am hoping it lasts a long time. It really it worth it!
- Last but not least Make Up For Ever- Artist Rouge Lipstick. I got this to review from Influenster and Make Up For Ever (thank youuuu!!!!), and I do not know how I have never used their lipsticks before. These are so creamy, bold, and seriously do not fade or come off easily. I put some on my hand and I had to scrub to get it off!) These colors are C502 (purple), C404 (rose/middle), and C211(red)! These are a 10/10 on my list and might even beat MAC on my list of lips!
I should probably stop buying makeup now so I can put this all to good use for more than two weeks, but we will see how that goes! hehe
Ya’ll have a good week!! Happy Monday!